Автор Тема: Looking for Russian to English Translator  (Прочитано 3599 раз)

Оффлайн Iris QuekАвтор темы

• Новичок
  • На форуме с: 22 Августа 2012
Looking for Russian to English Translator
« : 22 Августа 2012, 13:42:14 »
Hi all,

I am looking for willing person to translate Russian text to English.

It is for a Russian storybook. The first five pages will be provided. If the translation is  :good: , then one time payment will be made for translating the entire book.

Anyone interested, please write back to me!  ;D

Thank you!

Iris Quek

Оффлайн temasek

• Модератор
  • Почетный форумчанин
  • На форуме с: 23 Февраля 2011
« Ответ #1 : 22 Августа 2012, 17:15:38 »
Iris Quek, whilst I do not wish to deprive my fellow Russians from some extra income (and possiblly fun job), the nature of the task you presented doesn't require it to be performed by a Russian-speaking person.

What and who do you need? You need Google Translate http://translate.google.com/# and a person who can trasform interlinear translation into a nice piece of English literature.

IMHO
#russiansingapore #russian_singapore #russianclubsg #russianclubinsingapore @russian.singapore @russian_singapore
#русскийсингапур #русский_сингапур #русскийклубвсингапуре

Iris

• Гость
Re: Looking for Russian to English Translator
« Ответ #2 : 23 Августа 2012, 11:33:01 »
Is google translator reliable for Russian? I'm not too sure because it is terrible when I try translating German to English or vice versa.  :(

Please advice  :)

Оффлайн visir

• Почетный форумчанин
  • Все проходит...
  • На форуме с: 22 Февраля 2011
« Ответ #3 : 23 Августа 2012, 14:10:37 »
Iris, definitely  Google translator can't replace human translator. I do not agree with temasek.
Just wait for reply from capable Russians. And better post your messages after logining into forum  :hi:
...Хвалу и клевету приемли равнодушно,
И не оспаривай глупца.

А. С. Пушкин

Оффлайн Pablito

• Почетный форумчанин
  • А мне Шопен, шо Моцарт...
  • На форуме с: 3 Апреля 2011
« Ответ #4 : 23 Августа 2012, 16:42:39 »
About Temasek and Vizir:

- You are right and you are right.
- But they cannot both be right.
- And you also right.
This is from "Fiddler on the Roof" movie.

Google translator is a great thing - it can give you overall idea about the text, the bigger the text the better you'll understand the idea. All you need is to rewrite some awkward sounded phrases into proper English. Then you can ask Russian fellow to check the translation.
Besides, with very high probability it will be the algorithm of volunteer translator if you'll find him or her.

Now I just G-translated some excerpt known to every Russian, I took it at random. Will you grasp the idea?

What is this your destruction? Old woman with a crutch? Witch who has beaten all the windows, put out all the lights? Yes it does not exist. What do you mean by this word? It is this: if I, instead, to handle every night, I'll start in his apartment singing the chorus, I will come ruin. If I am, going to the bathroom, I'll start, excuse the expression, by the toilet to urinate, and the same will do Zina and Darya Petrovna, the toilet will collapse. Consequently, the disruption is not in the closet, and in their heads. 
Бытиё моё...

Оффлайн CateLewitt

• Новичок
  • На форуме с: 20 Сентября 2016
« Ответ #5 : 20 Сентября 2016, 17:28:20 »
Hi, Iris! Please, consider hiring a freelance translator from this website. A lot of talented translators are waiting for a project such as this one to work on there. I’m sure that if you post your job offer on this board you’ll get feedback immediately. The board is commission free.

Уважаемые гости, пожалуйста, регистрируйтесь на форуме, чтобы иметь возможность создавать новые темы и оставлять сообщения, а также обмениваться личными сообщениями с другими участниками форума. Удобный ресурс нашего форума -- "Алфавитный указатель" всех разделов и тем, существующих на форуме. Он находится в "Базе знаний" в верхнем меню (после "Галереи").